Today I came across with good white paper written by Telerik, it discusses about some of the burning questions we have about ASP.NET 5. For me, it answered lots of questions I had about ASP.NET 5. This is the link for white paper.
After I read this white paper, I thought to compile a list of resources to get insight about ASP.NET 5/vNext and other related technologies like MVC 6.
First of all I’ll share this course from Microsoft Virtual Academy about ASP.NET 5, this is a lengthy course about ASP.NET 5 but it definitely worth the time.
These are some of blog posts I found from various locations.
- Getting started with ASP.NET 5 MVC 6 Web API & Entity Framework 7 – Taiseer Joudeh
- Unified ASP.NET 5 – Using MVC 6, WEB API and Entity Framework 7 in an Application – Mahesh Sabnis
- View components and Inject in ASP.NET MVC 6 – Rick Anderson and Mike Wasson
- Create a Web API in MVC 6 – Mike Wasson
This is another set of blogs about ASP.NET 5 and MVC 6 by Stephen Walther, since world now move towards client-side MVC frameworks, I think this is good set of tutorials about how to use ASP.NET 5 with AngularJS.
- ASP.NET 5 and AngularJS Part 1, Grunt, Uglify, and AngularJS
- ASP.NET 5 and AngularJS Part 2, Using the MVC 6 Web API
- ASP.NET 5 and AngularJS Part 3, Adding Client Routing
- ASP.NET 5 and AngularJS Part 4, Using Entity Framework 7
- ASP.NET 5 and AngularJS Part 5, Form Validation
- ASP.NET 5 and AngularJS Part 6, Security
- ASP.NET 5 and AngularJS Part 7, Running on a Mac
I will update this post time to time with new resource I see. Hope this helps you. 🙂
Good article about debugging ASP.NET Framework libraries using VIsual Studio 2015.
Found new set of blogs by Filip W about few advanced topics on ASP.NET 5 and MVC 6